Saturday, July 28, 2012

Best Laid Plans...

Remember how joyously I posted about having a bit of time to sew? Well, that was short-lived - at least for the sewing projects I had in mind. I was summoned to the lower regions of our lovely abode to watch some television with the fam. I was told the Queen of England was starring in a video short with Bond, James Bond... so we watched skimmed and stopped at seemingly interesting parts to see the Queen {which should be read as some unknown stunt double who could have been ANYONE since there was never a shot closer than 500 feet!} drop from a British "heli" to the Olympic opening ceremonies. While the boob tube didn't hold much of my attention, my funky black/white and green quilt did! The binding is done! Wahooooo! That's one of my least favorite parts. So, here is the BEFORE shot (from the quilting retreat):
And HERE {insert a loud, boisterous crowd chiming in together to shout: TA-DAAAAAAA!} is the finished product, a full shot and a close up shot that shows the quilting a bit better:

Even though I was pulled away from my machine, kicking and screaming... I did accomplish SOMETHING! I {heart} the zipper and safety pin fabrics. Very fun...

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Candace! I have enjoyed watching this entire quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RUCKUS applause from my way!! Congrats on a beautiful quilt. I love the zipper fabric too. Too bad the queen couldn't enjoy it with ya, she probably would have had way more fun with you than...Bond, James Bond that is.

    ReplyDelete